Mold FAQ

Q: What Causes Mold to Develop?

A: Mold requires moisture and humidity to develop. Some mold species can obtain that moisture from moist air when the relative humidity is above 70 per cent.

Q: What is Black Mold?

A: Toxic black mold is a greenish-black gelatinous mold that is extremely harmful to humans.

Q: What Are the Health Symptoms of Black Mold?

A: Some of the health symptoms attributed to black include, allergic reactions, headaches, dizziness, nausea, difficulty concentrating, and infections of the lungs and respiratory tract. More severe cases can trigger asthma attacks, bring on chronic sinus infections, and can be fatal if not treated on time.

Q: How Do I Get Rid of Mold in My House?

A: You must clean all affected areas with a strong disinfectant, eliminate any sources of moisture in the affected areas, remove and dispose of any porous materials that cannot be thoroughly cleaned such as carpeting or insulation, carefully dispose of all moldy materials so that mold spores are not spread to the rest of the house, then encapsulate.

Q: What Do I Need to Get Rid of the Mold?

A: You must wear protective gear like a respirator or high-efficiency filter dust mask, disposable gloves, protective eyewear and protective clothing.

Q: How Do I Know If I Have a Mold Problem?

A: If you notice small, white, thread-like growths or clusters of small, black dots on the walls of your bathroom or basement, or if you smell a musty odor, then you most likely have a mold problem. Mold formation generally occurs immediately after you’ve experienced any type of water damage.

Q: How Can I Control the Mold Growth In My Home?

A: Although you can’t get rid of every single mold spore, you can at least take safety precautions with the right environmental control. A good tip would be to repair any leaks or problems leading to water buildup in your home immediately, and remove all materials that have been damaged by water.

Q: What Is a Mold Count?

A: A mold count tells us the number of mold spores counted in a standard volume of air over a 24-hour period at a given time and place. It is very similar to a pollen count, and applies to people that are more prone to allergies.

Q: I Do Not See Any Mold. How Do I Know If Mold Is Inside My Wall?

A: You will need to let a professional mold inspector take an air sample to determine if you have mold building up inside your walls.

Q: How Long Does It Take to Find Out the Results of a Mold Test?

A:  Mold samples are sent to a lab, and usually take around 7 to 10 days for results.

Who to Call in an Emergency?

You should never allow the mold a chance to build up. At Rescue 911, we work with professional mold inspectors that will quickly assess the root cause, and determine the safest way to destroy it. We will swab a small sample of the mold, and send it to our lab for conclusive testing. Once the results are back, we will then know how to effectively kill the harmful bacteria. We’re also on call 24 hours a day, and we’re always easy to reach by phone. Get in touch with our friendly support team today, and let us get rid of that mold from your home.

 







CATEGORIES

all rights reseved